10/17/12

One Thing, I don't know Why... Day 63 part 2

Liz is gone, it was her day and when she wanted to stay, to stay with me, I made her leave. It wasn't because of fear of what Cipher would do to her if she stayed, it wasn't because I wanted her to go and be safe, it was because I didn't want her here anymore. I couldn't look at her. Ross slides down the wall and sits, his arms across his knees and his head buried inside his little home made fort.


If she stayed I'd see him, I'd hear his voice and it would be just another reminder that Daniel is gone. Dalton was killed, Scott turned out to be a traitor and a major douche bag, Jim is still here but honestly he creeps me out; and you know Anne left too. Anne. I miss you. Ross looks up from his hideaway and up to the sky. 

He starts to whisper, "Anne, I'm not sure what I did was right. It seemed right, Daniel gave his life for us, not just that time but I know if it wasn't for him there would have been times I would have given up. Now I'm Mr. 100 Days, the guy who has to take it to the end, and I don't know if I can do it." he puts his head back down. 

A gas slowly creeps into the room from the vents on the floor and ceiling, crawling its way across the room seeking out its victims as they are unaware of it moving in on its prey. It slinks up their pant legs, inching its way past their waist, up their torso, past their beating hearts lacing the outside of their throats and findings mark as its inhaled unknowingly into the  members of the room. 

It hits some faster than others, but its not poison it brings on no physical pain it plays with its victims heads and the effects become apparent to everyone slowly. One of the men of the remaining group members starts running in circles around the room, looking over his shoulder screaming "look out! look out!" this then become contagious and other members begin running as well. 

The man falls to floor and scurries back looking into the eyes of a giant red blood soaked bear. Its hair matted and missing in patches, massive scars along its head and face that shows the traces of some hunters that have failed to take down the monster. It snorts, it growls and roars and spews blood and spit all over the man's face. He screams in horror and cries, cowering and covering his face in fear and sheer terror.

A woman runs to him, she falls trying to help him up, as she grabs his arm trying to pull him away from the beast she sees before her, she freezes in shock. A raging bull, stomping and dragging its hooves on the ground, grinding its horns and scraping them on the steel tiles. Its snort steaming, its breath tinged with the taste of copper and blood. It stares her down and she screams again before she passes out and loses control of her bodily functions.

The rest of the room however is not having the same experience, some seem giddy and excited, others stand as if they were being held by a love one warm and happy in the embrace. Their pain will come when the gas wears off, when they realize it was an illusion and the happiness they were loving was fictitious. They are still in the room, they are still in danger and Cipher has found another way to tear at their heart again.

Ross watches the madness unravel, the scared and paranoid, the angry fighting ghosts, the brokenhearted reaching out to someone not there. He watches it all and wonders, why isn't it happening to him.

He moves across the room avoiding touching anyone, worried that it would be like waking someone from a dream. His back hits another wall, but this time he stays standing, he's realized this is the days torture, that the groups minds are being played with and that he must remain vigilant in his want to survive this game. 

He whispers again. "They're all going nuts, what if they start fighting, or hurting themselves? What do I do? Its not a fear toxin, not everyone seems afraid. Was i sitting on the grate? Did Cipher make me immune so my torture is to watch everyone else lose it? Is this dedicated to me? To torture me? To make me regret taking the 100 tag? Is he making me watch all this happen?" Ross pants and gasps trying to keep his composure. "Someone talk to me! One of you please! Why is this happening?!"

"Well I suppose that's the one thing I don't know, why." Ross turns away from the voice and stands there gaping.

"Daniel?"

End of part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis